Quick Facts on Churches in York Maine
- Growing congregations use multiple methods to integrate new worshipers.
- Almost all worship services in growing Presbyterian churches (89%) include traditional hymns.
- Many new people (47%) visit for the first time because someone invited them; only 6% came for the first time due to advertising.
- One-third of worshipers are new in the last five years; in fast-growing churches one-half are new.
- Most new people attending their congregation for five years or less have changed congregations within the same denomination (transfers: 57%). Only 7% are first-timers who are new to the faith. A few (18%) are returnees who used to attend worship but recently have not been involved, and 18% are switchers who changed denominations.
York Churches Quotes
She came to the village church, And sat by a pillar alone; An angel watching an urn Wept over her, carved in stone. -Tennyson
In my dreams is a country where the State is the Church and the Church the people: three in one and one in three. It is a commonwealth in which work is play and play is life: three in one and one in three. It is a temple in which the priest is the worshipper and the worshipper the worshipped: three in one and one in three. It is a godhead in which all life is human and all humanity divine: three in one and one in three. It is, in short, the dream of a madman. -Shaw, George Bernard
What is a church? Our honest sexton tells, Tis a tall building, with a tower and bells. -Crabbe, George
How often have I paused on every charm, The sheltered cot, the cultivated farm, The never-failing brook, the busy mill, The decent church that topped the neighbouring hill. -Goldsmith, Oliver
Ubi Petrus, ibi ergo ecclesia. Where Peter is, there, accordingly, is the Church. -St Ambrose
Respectability is a very good thing in its way, but it does not rise superior to all considerations. I would not for a moment venture to hint that it was a matter of taste; but I think I will go as far as this: that if a position is admittedly unkind, uncomfortable, unnecessary, and superfluously useless, although it were as respectableasthe Church of England, the sooner a man is out of it, the better for himself, and all concerned. -Stevenson, Robert Louis
Will she pass in a crowd? Will she make a figure in a country church? -Swift, Jonathan
Find York Churches in these Zip Codes
Use www.locateachurch.com to find the best
York Churches. Find York Churches here.
Use this free site, locateachurch.com to locate York Churches in the United States.
Locateachurch.com is a good source for locating the best York Baptist Churches, best York Catholic Churches, best York Methodist Churches, best York Presbyterian Churches, best York Lutheran Churches, best York Pentecostal Churches, best York Church of Christ Churches and more.
locateachurch.com does not warrant the accuracy of any information on this web site.