Quick Facts on Churches in Auburn Maine
- New people are less involved in their congregations than those who have been there for longer.
- Other factors don't predict growth — denomination or faith group, congregational size, income levels of worshipers, average age of worshipers, and population growth around the church.
- Denomination is less important to mainline Protestants (59%) and those under the age of 25 (48%).
- Three strengths are positive predictors of growth — Caring for Children and Youth, Welcoming New People, and Participating in the Congregation.
- Growing congregations are more likely to have a specific group for newcomers and to invite such people to take part in small groups or service opportunities.
Auburn Churches Quotes
Come all to church, good people,' Oh, noisy bells, be dumb; I hear you, I will come. -Housman, Alfred Edward
I believe in the Church, one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church; and nowhere does it exist. -Temple, William
Let us never toleratetheslightest inroad on the discipline of our holy Church. Let us never consent that she should be made the hireling of the Ministry. Our forefathers would have diedönay, perished in hopeless slaveryörather than consent to such degradation. -O'Connell, Daniel known as the Liberator
What is a church? Our honest sexton tells, Tis a tall building, with a tower and bells. -Crabbe, George
As Sir Roger is landlord to the whole congregation, he keepsthem invery good order, and will suffer nobody to sleep in it [the church] besides himself; for if by chance he has been surprised into a short nap at sermon, upon recovering out of it, he stands up, and looks about him; and if he sees anybody else nodding, either wakes them himself, or sends his servant to them. -Addison,Joseph
As for the British churchman, he goes to church as he goes to the bathroom, with the minimum of fuss and with no explanation if he can help it. -Blythe, Ronald George
The perfect church service,would be one we were almost unaware of.
Our attention would have been on God. C.S Lewis
Find Auburn Churches in these Zip Codes
Use www.locateachurch.com to find the best
Auburn Churches. Find Auburn Churches here.
Use this free site, locateachurch.com to locate Auburn Churches in the United States.
Locateachurch.com is a good source for locating the best Auburn Baptist Churches, best Auburn Catholic Churches, best Auburn Methodist Churches, best Auburn Presbyterian Churches, best Auburn Lutheran Churches, best Auburn Pentecostal Churches, best Auburn Church of Christ Churches and more.
locateachurch.com does not warrant the accuracy of any information on this web site.